sales.enquiries@swcomms.co.uk
0800 054 6789
12/01
2017
Use less hardware to save money on your IT expenditure
Posted by Caroline Moore on 12/01 at 09:41 AM Large enterprises, SMEs, Data centre services, Data centre,
SWComms Virtualisation blog post image

Using separate physical machines to run multiple operating systems and applications is a thing of past. Virtualisation enables businesses to reduce the amount of servers they use without losing functionality.

In simple terms, virtualisation is a cost-saving service that allows businesses to run multiple operating systems, incorporating applications such as websites and databases, on a single piece of hardware or high availability cluster.

Single servers tend to only be operating at just 10% of their capacity at any one time with surges on processing occurring at different times of the month, such as when the accounts department needs to run its payroll or billing programmes. Therefore, the remaining dormant 90% is literally a waste of space...and money.

A virtualised server environment reduces the amount of electrical power, data centre rackspace and cooling required while eliminating under-utilised processing resources thereby reducing costs and meeting your green aims in the process.

Virtualisation enables new servers and applications to be implemented quickly and efficiently, within minutes if required, rather than having to wait days for the delivery of hardware and software.

A virtualised environment also offers a high level of resilience protecting your business from any server and operating system outages to ensure downtime is limited and your resources remain online and available to your staff, customers and suppliers.

 
Posted by
Caroline Moore's avatar
Caroline Moore on 12/01/2017

Former newspaper journalist, Caroline joined the company in 2008 with no previous knowledge of the industry.

She set about stripping back all the jargon to produce plain English marketing collateral to support the sales teams. Now slightly more well-versed in the dark arts of voice, connectivity and data services, Caroline writes blogs, case studies, data sheets and social media updates to engage with potential and existing customers.

This industry is far cry from her previous working life when she worked as communications manager for Exeter Chiefs and Northampton Saints.


Contact: caroline.moore@swcomms.co.uk