Our growth plans mean that we need a number of talented sales staff to help us hit our goals. We are currently looking for new people to join us with exciting career opportunities below for sales and technical specialists. Find out more about us here: Why work for swcomms?
IT technical sales support
An opportunity has arisen for a presales specialist to join our team who support our field and office-based sales teams in the design and presentation of IT (local, cloud & hybrid) and telephony (on-premise, private & publicly hosted) solutions. It involves working with prospective and existing customers, and with internal departments.
The role does not require expert level technical knowledge, but a strong foundation across varying IT and communication technologies. Managed IT services experience would be an advantage.
This is a permanent, immediate, full-time position located in Exeter.
The role - summary
The presales team is at the forefront of customer engagement, helping to drive sales through technical support and sales enablement. This is a great opportunity for someone to progress their career by learning essential skills for a diverse role in IT and communications.
Role – more detail
As a member of the presales team, you will need to:
- Understand a customer’s business needs and objectives to design a suitable solution.
- Support field sales in customer meetings and assist with technical presentations and demonstrations to prospective clients - this could involve liaising with customer IT teams to understand their ICT environment and how that will influence the proposed solution
- Provide high level design for opportunities, as well as low level design documentation on larger or more complex opportunities
- Present solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Liaise closely with our senior engineers and technical design authority regarding the solution design
- Provide bill of materials for solutions and liaise with suppliers as required.
- Responsibility for complete technical sign off on sold solutions
- Co-ordinate internal project handover meetings to facilitate a smooth transition of new orders from sales to project management
- To liaise with vendor and swcomms technical support teams
- Provide sales staff with regular product training/updates to ensure that the sales team have a comprehensive understanding of our product portfolio and are self-sufficient where possible
- Attend manufacturer presales events as required and communicate information to relevant staff
Skills and experience
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in designing WAN, LAN, wLAN solutions and/or telephony and unified communications solutions and/or IT solutions and services
- Experience with the following vendors would be advantageous: Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, Dell, HPE, Microsoft 365 and Teams, Gamma Horizon and Wildix
- IT support, MSP and cyber security experience would also be advantageous
In addition, the successful applicant will have:
- Customer-facing experience in a technical sales role
- The ability to evaluate and understand a customer’s business needs/objectives and design a solution to meet those needs
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- An appetite to learn new technologies
- A desire to understand relevant new technologies as they come to market and a keen interest in the continued development of your technical skill set
- Valid driving license
Salary: £40,000 pa plus car allowance
Apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an exciting opportunity to join our engineering team as service manager. Reporting to our customer operations manager, you will manage a team of engineers and be responsible for ensuring that as a business we continue to deliver excellent service to our customers.
- Working with team leaders and engineers, to ensure that service tickets are being handled within SLA and prioritising work where necessary
- Working with engineers to ensure projects are delivered in a timely fashion
- Reviewing time entries and service tickets to ensure that work is booked correctly
- Being an escalation point for any service-related or project delivery issues raised both internally and externally.
- Ensuring chargeable work is passed for invoicing in an accurate and timely fashion
- Continuous review of engineering processes and making improvements where appropriate.
- Providing reporting information to customer operations manager and other departments
- Reviewing purchase orders raised against additional work or projects
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Placing orders on supplier portals
- Experience managing a team, including conflict resolution and team building
- Relationship building (both internally and externally)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to keep accurate record of work completed and actions taken
- Good all-round IT literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Full UK valid driving licence
- Experience working in a managed services environment
- An understanding of agile project methodology
- Previous experience in the telecoms industry
Taurus has more than 35 years of experience in designing and implementing a range of IT and telecoms solutions to a wide range of commercial and public sector organisations. swcomms has more than 38 years of award-winning experience in the latest in voice, connectivity, cloud, security and data centre solutions to meet the ever-changing demand for more flexible, secure, scalable, cost-effective, and reliable communication solutions.
We deliver tailor-made solutions, managing the installation, configuration and testing with meticulous care and providing ongoing technical support and maintenance through our service desk and network of field engineers who pride themselves on delivering the best customer service in the industry.
Company laptop, Mobile phone and access to company vehicle when required for business travel.
For a more detailed job specification, please contact Jason Chipps on 01392 202000 or via email email@example.com.
Business development executives
To be successful as a BDE you need to be dedicated, goal oriented and professional. You will have:
- A great phone manner
- An ability to build rapport quickly
- An ability to use data bases and record accurate information
- A persuasive communication style
We are looking for 3 additional members to join a growing and successful team. Each position has a slightly different focus but all are pivotal to the successful achievement of our business goals. Each member of the team will be looking to book appointments with prospective and existing customers using a combination of direct calling, emails and social media, supported by our dedicated marketing department.
Position one will have a specialisation in mobiles while the second will be looking to promote our IT support services. The third will have a varied role promoting and appointing for our entire portfolio.
The positions are full time based at our Exeter head office 3 days a week with 2 days working from home. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00-17.30 (excluding bank holidays) with an attractive basic and an achievable OTE of £30k+
To apply for the position, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full description of what you can expect from the position click this link.
Entry-level desk-based sales position
swcomms is a growing business in a growing industry. Technology is changing at a rapid pace and the homeworking revolution brought about by Covid is pushing businesses to change their traditional approach to internal and external communications. The growth in video communication and the push to cloud based technologies means that we have to pro-actively contact our customers and migrate them to new contracts. This has created an opportunity for someone who is looking to break into sales in a vibrant and exciting company.
The ideal person will be numerate and commercially astute with a great telephone manner, able to build rapport and trust over the phone. Have a good eye for detail and accuracy with good keyboard skills. Potentially you may be a graduate or college leaver or returning to work after a break. Otherwise you may simply want a new challenge. Ideal backgrounds for more experienced people will be to have worked in a contract renewal or upsell/cross sell environment such as insurance or subscription based services like Sky or the mobile market. Either way if you are looking to break into sales you should send me your CV.
This is an entry level position with prospects to develop a fully fledged sales career in a cutting edge industry.
To apply for the position, email your CV to email@example.com.