Communications field sales executive - Portchester
Description: We have an opportunity for a field sales executive to work from our satellite office in Portchester (near Porstmouth) who will work throughout the south of England including Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, and Berkshire. Previous experience of business to business sales a pre-requisite along with excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn and good ability to close a deal.
The remuneration package will include a fully expensed company vehicle, uncapped commission and good salary dependent upon experience.
Main purpose of job: To build the client base of swcomms' services and associated products within the southern region, be responsible for opening new business, driving sales activities in assigned accounts and geographic area, ensuring quality and consistency of service/delivery and increasing company revenue and profits.
- To present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients in line with set targets.
- To follow up on new leads and referrals resultant from business development activity
- To prepare presentations, proposals, quotes and sales contracts
- To update CRM database
- To maintain and update product knowledge
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
Apply: Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud & connectivity executive - Exeter
Description: Are YOU ready for a challenge? If so:
- Are you clearly spoken with a good phone manner?
- Are you enthusiastic, tenacious, persuasive, with good written communication skills?
- Have you a history of exceeding sales targets in a B2B role?
- Are you experienced in using CRM systems?
- Do you want to achieve more from your work life?
If yes to ALL of the above this high energy role which is pivotal to our expansion be for you.
Main purpose of job: This career choice is all about your ability to successfully contact our existing customers, introduce our cloud, data and connectivity portfolio selling the benefits of using a single provider.
Your day to day tasks will be:
- Respond to incoming sales leads generated by marketing and telemarketing, taking the call from enquiry to sale
- Pro-actively contact existing customers to cross sell and upsell
- Pro-actively contact existing customers who are coming to the end of their contract to discuss renewal terms
We are eager to employ people who can identify and close a selling opportunity, enjoy meeting and exceeding targets, and want to contribute to this vital part of our business. We also like people who are reliable, punctual and have a good sense of humour.
We have many long-serving employees here and would like you to become one of them.
Basic salary plus uncapped commission OTE £40K+
Apply: Email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Level 3 business administration apprentice - Exeter
Description: We are looking for a friendly and confident administration apprentice of smart appearance to join our Exeter office. This position requires a respect for confidentiality and good communication skills. This is an ideal opportunity for someone at the beginning of their career who wants to be part of a forward-thinking company. As an apprentice, you will be working closely with the commercial director, commercial director’s team, finance director and finance team to provide assistance and support where required.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries
- Photocopying and printing various documents
- Organising and storing paperwork
- Booking meeting rooms
- Ordering and maintaining stationery
- General accounts admin
- Support at company functions
- General support with the onsite canteen and general facilities
- Covering reception at the Exeter office and business centres as and when required
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside an experienced accounts and administration team to acquire a range of skills and experience during this 18-month apprenticeship in partnership with Exeter College. Please note, the starting wage is £156 per week and may be increased dependent on skills and experience. The closing date for applications is subject to change. The start date is flexible and can be brought forward for the right candidate as the company are looking to fill the role as soon as possible.
Apply: Visit the Exeter College link to complete your application.
Business development executive - Exeter
Description: We are looking for a dynamic telesales executive to make criteria-qualified appointments for our internal and external field sales teams. This career choice is all about your ability to successfully build rapport with our prospective customers allowing you to make appointments.
The role is predominantly cold calling which requires you to manage a designated list of contacts and build a strong pipeline. You will become well-versed in their needs and a familiar voice on the end of the phone. We are not a massive call centre that uses auto dialling to cram as many calls as possible. Although there is a call time target in place, which we expect you to achieve, we firmly believe in quality over quantity.
Main purpose of job: By creating a professional, respectful relationship, we believe this will naturally lead to you making appointments for our field sales team because we will be the first company your prospects think of when the need arises.
It does not matter if you are not an expert in B2B telecommunications or connectivity services – as full training is provided - but we do require candidates with previous telesales experience and knowledge of telephone sales skills and strategies, who are competent in using a sales database
We are eager to employ someone who can identify a need and selling opportunity, have the hunger to meet and exceed targets, and have the enthusiasm to contribute to this vital part of our business. We like people who are reliable, passionate and have a good sense of humour. We would love to hear from people who want to carve out a position for themselves in our company. We have many long-serving employees here and would like you to become one of them.
Basic salary plus uncapped monthly commission. Flexible hours will be considered.
We recognise and value commitment and exceptional performance and reward these attributes on an annual basis.
Apply: Email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 business support apprentice - Exeter
Description: As an apprentice, you will have the opportunity to work alongside an experienced support team to acquire a range of skills and experience during this 18-month apprenticeship, in partnership with Exeter College. This position requires excellent listening skills, attention to detail and an understanding of good customer service.
Your responsibilities shall include, but may not be limited to:
- Answering calls from customers reporting faults and logging faults within our database
- Providing verbal and written updates to customers for existing faults
- Logging faults with 3rd party suppliers
- Acting as a main facilitator between the customer and 3rd party supplier to ensure faults are fixed in line with SLAs
Please note, the closing date for applications is subject to change. The start date is flexible and can be brought forward for the right candidate as the company are looking to fill the role as soon as possible.
Qualifications required: Minimum 5 GCSEs including grade 5/B or above in maths & English
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A systematic approach to problems
- A positive attitude
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Happy working independently and as part of a team
Future prospects: Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered permanent employment should there be a vacancy. You may also have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications.
Apply: Visit the Exeter College website to complete your application.