Congratulations. Your business is on the move. You’ve booked the removal team, had new stationery printed, had your post re-directed, but have you sorted your communications infrastructure? And have you remembered it in good time?
Seamless business relocation is a strategic undertaking that requires operational planning to ensure it is carried out with the minimum of disruption and downtime while also being on time and within budget.
Connectivity and communications are the lifeblood of any company yet many relocation projects are managed by people without the experience, skill set or time to handle such an important role.
If your systems are not working properly when you move in, you may be unable to communicate with your customers effectively, which could result in lost business.
Your business needs to consider an audit, upgrade or installation of fixed and wireless voice and data networks at infrastructure level.
Other relocation communications considerations include:
- Installation of a new telephone system/migration of an existing one
- Transfer, migration or redirection of telephone and fax line services
- Provision of Internet connectivity services – broadband, leased lines, etc
- Disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- Opportunity to invest in new technology – video conferencing, unified communications, etc
All these processes take careful planning. Our advice is to entrust the communications elements of relocation to a project management team that can use its expertise to ensure you do not suffer from any lost business as a time when you should be excited about your future.