Microsoft licensing can be a minefield to understand. There are different models available to choose from depending on your company size, budget and requirements. Often, we end up changing tactics, taking over existing licensing agreements and sometimes miss crucial information that can lead to overinvestment or, worse, overprovisioning.
The transition to volume licensing has greatly improved manageability from the days of traditional box copies we used to flat pack and store in cupboards to prove ownership. However, Microsoft's advertising of different agreements and programmes has led to a lot of confusion about the right path to take when it comes to being compliant and future-proofing your business.
In my time working with Microsoft, I’ve helped hundreds of businesses make sense of their licensing and helped to build confidence around their Microsoft estate to allow for both growth and compliance.
I want to take a short moment to outline what swcomms can do to enable this strategy:
- We are a Microsoft Gold Partner which emphasises our expertise in the world of software and cloud solutions
- We are a Tier 1 Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) which enables us to provide monthly/yearly subscriptions for Microsoft 365, Office 365 and Azure
- We are a data centre provider and have a multi-million-pound facility here at our HQ in Exeter, which allows us to offer efficient private cloud solutions alongside public cloud, like Azure
- We offer Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) licensing for a monthly subscription for Microsoft technology such as Windows Server and SQL server or, if you already have licences available, you can bring that to the data centre too
- We have many ways of licensing Microsoft from outright purchases to having longer term agreements lasting three years with the options to renew after that if Software Assurance is bought with the licences
- If outright or yearly payments are a budgeting issue, we have a finance arm to our business that allows us to provide the licences on a monthly basis to support cashflow and predictable monthly payments
Please take the time to watch my short video around the SMB volume license agreements and what we can offer regarding volume licensing and cloud solutions.
For any further information needed or future projects surrounding Microsoft products, please contact me directly.