Telephone systems should help rather than hinder the work of receptionists but some schools and colleges are still holding on to antiquated telephone systems unaware of the advantages they could be reaping for their staff, students, parents and other callers...or the risks this strategy poses.
The cost of a new phone system can easily be outweighed by the many benefits of a new solution which include:
- Automated attendant to answer all incoming calls and divert callers to the most appropriate extension therefore bypassing reception staff
- Absence reporting via voicemail so parents can call in at a time that suits them so the details can be recorded when a reception staff member is free following the early morning rush
- Recorded messages that can be changed on-site or remotely to provide information on events, trips and closures
- Mobility solutions for mobile members of staff so they can receive and make calls without having a desk phone
- Voicemail inboxes to provide virtual pigeonholes to ease the message-taking process
UC enables your staff to communicate more easily by reducing the need for paper-based procedures, allowing them to rely on their desktops instead. The presence feature allows teachers to upload their schedules into Outlook so that their telephone presence status will automatically indicate when they are free, in class or on a break. Integrated voicemail allows sound files to be sent by email and allows staff to access their voicemails from any smart device, handset or PC.
Lines and minutes
Our lines and minutes service offers schools a range of call packages, a UK-based service desk and web portal that keeps a record of their ongoing costs. We can provide direct dial-in (DDI) numbers for the headteacher, business manager, caretaker, sports centre, etc. to bypass reception staff completely.
We are also migrating many schools from traditional PSTN and ISDN voice connectivity to SIP trunks over a dedicated IP connection, such as an internet leased line or, indeed, your existing Janet connection by which you can make and receive multiple concurrent telephone calls. SIP can offer substantial cost savings over traditional telephony services as they are provided at lower rental charges to help you meet your challenging budgets.
If you are considering an upgrade of your telephone system, please do not hesitate to contact us so we can offer you our experienced advice.